Aug 17, 2011

Meet LESSology co-founder: Yvonne Yam! :)




Photobucket

How about saying hello to our other co-founder - Yvonne Yam?


Hello friends! :) Greetings from sunny Singapore! :) I'm Yvonne and I love to make stuff! My style is eclectic at best but really a mish mash of whatever tickles my fancy at that point in time. I love to experiment with mediums and play with textures but my projects always involve some form of upcycling and loads of colour. It is amazing when you can marry fragments of scrap with an otherwise discarded item to create a wonderful piece of art! :)

As a green crafter, I try my best to make effective use of scraps and upcycle anything that comes my way before they end up on the recycling truck. While things like glass bottles can be recycled, they are often smashed to pieces and require the use of precious energy to make them into useful products again. With upcycling we can extend the life of a product without changing the basic composition of the material.
Thank you for joining me and my awesome partner Angi on this creative venture to do a little something for our environment whilst making something beautiful for ourselves. A win-win for all, don't you think?
Come visit me at my blog Do More With Less where I share my creations, tutorials and funny stories about my life.

Here are some of Yvonne's altered creations.



30 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I {heart} Yvonne! :):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah said...

I love the idea of upcycling! It's great to be a green crafter! can't wait to see what this site has to offer :)

Crafterkhush said...

Huge fan of your work Yvonne.. :-)

Hussena said...

love all your recycled projects and just about all your lovely creation too.

RiNNE said...

Go Yvonne!!! Hugs!

Lynnda said...

GO Yvonne!!!... :i'm grinning::[[huge]].. hugs...xoxo

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oooo, Yvonne's work is amazing :>) She is always full of surprises with the upcycled items she chooses.

Anita Kejriwal said...

There is no need for any intro for Yvonne! Her colours inspire me greatly!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Yvonne!!! Great projects; can't wait to see more!!!

Theresa said...

fantabulous!!!! you can make anything look great.. and very colorful.. =)

Virginia L. said...

Just saw this blog through Angi's FB! Love your work, Yvonne!

Lea said...

Love your creations Yvonne! Always so bright and unique. I'm looking forward to playing along with LESSology!

Mitralee said...

Love that little tray with the birds and sweet colors!!

Nitasha said...

love the idea of upcycling and you have created some gorgeous examples! Heading over to check out your blog...

Unknown said...

Wow, I can feel lots of inspiration by looking at your works of art...love it!

adrienia said...

Yay for Yvonne!!!! Always inspired by your awesome creations! Congrats on your new venture! I know you must be the one who thought of the cool name for this site...it's so you!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I have the best partner in blog land. Love all of the fun color and the upcycled pieces that you add to your designs. :)

farmhouse-story said...

love everything you do, yvonne!! have fun with this blog!!

Audrey Pettit said...

You rock Yvonne! So love your creative style and love your green approach to crafting. I'm so honored to be a part of your new team here and can't wait to get started. :)

Dora said...

I adore your work girl!

Priya Mohan said...

I have always loved your creations with bright fun colors. I learnt from you creations how we can get more with less which was new to me then!..and your upcycled projects are always a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to some great project ideas and tutorials!

papertrails leaver said...

you are one super creative lady! Love your projects always!

mandysea said...

Just love your style!! Its bright and happy!

sandi said...

Your creations are always so beautiful Yvonne!

~amy~ said...

woot woot for the upcycling queen!

Janice said...

You know I'm a fan!

Jona Panesa said...

I always love your work!!!

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Yvonne..first let me thank you (and Angi) for creating this blog...I LOVE IT!!! I have always loved scrappin up non-traditional items in my projects and this blog allows a venue to share these projects and to view the creative works of others as well.

I really enjoyed looking at all of your altered creations in this post....thanks for sharing : )

Anonymous said...

Yvonne you've taken upcycling to the next level! your projects are amazing and I can't wait to see more! Can't thank you and Angi enough for starting such an fantastic challenge blog!

li-bee-ti said...

I lovvvvvvvvvveeee the colorful creations!