Mar 6, 2013

LESSology Challenge #23: Creative inspiration of Julie Tucker-Wolek and Lynnda Hosni

 photo Challenge-23-Whatsinyourtoolbox-Design-Team-projects_zps0e6d5733.jpg

Hello there altered enthusiasts! Today we get to see some creative inspiration from design team members Julie Tucker-Wolek and Lynnda Hosni for LESSology Challenge #23: What's in your toolbox? 


Julie Tucker-Wolek photo Design-team-member-Julie.gif
 Hi everyone! 

Julie here and I am sharing my take on this month's toolbox challenge!! 

I used a lot of things out of the toolbox :)

-- Spray Paint 
-- Drill
-- Drill bits
-- Hammer
-- Cupboard/Drawer handles
-- Sandpaper

My friend from work gave my daughter Brookie a cradle that belonged to her as a child -- so I would guess it is close to 50 - 55 years old :)

Here is what it looked like when my co-worker gave it to me :)


First, I sanded it down, then I spray painted it pink -- and then I took a hexagon mask and a chevron mask and used burgundy spray paint to add the masking :)

(I used the hammer to put the sides in tighter -- and I used the drill and drill bits to add a hole at the end of each side of the cradle to add the cupboard/drawer handles)

And here is what I turned it into -- (I added my daughter's doll for effect! LOL!)













The cupboard/drawer handle is the heart piece here :)











Can't wait to see what you all make for this challenge!! ~~Julie

 photo Design-team-member-Lynnda.gif

Hey .....its me Lynnda...And
Today it's my turn over @LESSology Challenge #23: What's in your toolbox?
This time ...we want you to use something from your toolbox on your projects....It could be screws, washers...or anything interesting you can find... isn't it FUN!!! Think out of the box!!!....

For me... the first thing I spot in my toolbox is ....my used sandpaper!!!!....I like the rough and glittery texture!!!... perfect for the choice of PP I used on my layout.... soft and pastel... Don't you agree?
The Used SandPaper:
I used my Martha Stewart Puncher to beautify the sand paper....

Here is my interpretation: Can you spot the used sandpaper???
 
 

Can't wait to see what everyone will create.... woohoo...JOIN US...


There are so many things you can use from your toolbox as these ladies have shown. We would love to see your projects for LESSology Challenge #23: What's in your toolbox?

7 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome project team!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo Lynnda!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE both of your projects!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

Marília Lopes said...

Julie I looooooooove your project!!!
Love the colors and flowers!!!
You are a very talent girl!!

Marília Lopes said...

Lynnda, layout is amazing!!!

Shahrul Niza said...

OMG, ladies ...these are stunning projects!!! LOVE the crib, Julie :). It's a treasure. And LInda, sand papers never look so gorgeous until NOW!! LOVE it. Hugs all around.

Linda said...

Wonderful creations ladies.