Sep 3, 2013

LESSology Challenge #29: Creative Inspiration of Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam


 photo Challenge-29-Birthday-Party-design-team-projects_zps2504045a.jpg

Are you ready to party with us as we celebrate our 2nd birthday? Let's check out what design team members Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam did for LESSology Challenge #29: Birthday Party.

Kirsty Vittetoe

I keep boxes, do you? : 0


Because I know I will need them some day, like today and birthday, oh ya, I am making a box of birthday goodies to send to my daughter Clare in college, so she could plan her own birthday party at the dorm.






Gesso and dress up the box inside and outside.



Decorate the top.





And then fill up the box with matching invitation cards.





And other party goodies... cupcake toppers, confetti and garlands...





I think Clare is going to love this!





Come play along with us!!!!

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I went with the idea of creating something timeless and classy for my birthday party project. 

Happy-birthday-LESSology

I used some of the same products on all three creations to create a cohesive look.


I used a really old frame. Some parts had already chipped off so I coloured them in with a black Sharpie. Then I run my lace through the Xyron 5" Creative Station for an even distribution of permanent adhesive. It's hard to use a tape runner or wet glue on lace so this method works well. Adhere to frame and snip off excess lace.

Glue the pearls to the ends of the frame. Add silver washi tape to clothespins. Hot glue them to the pearls. Adhere stickers to white cardstock and attach to clothespins. Glue leaf and bloom to left edge of frame.



I spray painted a wafer tin with Krylon metallic silver paint. Spray paints are great for covering up those food containers.The lace was run through the Xyron 5" Creative Station and adhered to the tin. I added some silver washi tape to the top. Then I added the pearls, leaf and bloom.

I found an old black box and covered the white portion with silver washi tape and the top and bottom panels with lace. Then I added the bloom and pearls to finish.

Hope these have inspired you to come up with your own birthday party ideas. Please celebrate our birthday with us and play along with LESSology Challenge #29: Birthday Party!


8 comments:

Deepti Stephens said...

Beautiful creations!!

Lynnda said...

Ladies... you ROCK!!!! love these projects!!! Such an inspiration! hugs..x

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful projects!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! These are both AMAZING!! I am OFFICIALLY in LOVE!!!!

SD pooja said...

I loved both of them !

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and elegant project Yvonne, happy birthday LESSology!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, ladies!

Love these beautiful projects!!! You ladies are truly artist!!!

I can see that Claire is really going to like her gift box, and likewise the recipients of your other amazing projects.

Ella Swan said...

Excellent projects from both of you!!