Jul 10, 2014

LESSology Challenge #38: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-38-design-team-projects_zps4539b3e8.jpg

There are so many sewing-inspired elements you can use for LESSology Challenge #38: Sew Lovely. How about getting some inspiration from design team member Mitra Pratt?


 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


Found this milk glass jar at a second hand store the other day. 

It happened to be the ONLY thing I walked out with that day, believe it or not. I sometimes have a case of the pickies! 

Honestly I didn't even have a plan of what I was going to use it for. I just really liked it!

After staring at it for a while, I decided it either needed a label or for me to build a little scene on the very flat top. 

I opted to go with the more difficult idea of course. 


I actually had that green fake grass & trees left over from a previous project my son did for school. The little mushrooms & fairy I picked up at a local greenhouse. 


I added in a little hand dyed lace to match the fairy and the spool tassel. The spool tassel idea I found on pinterest although I like hers a whole lot better than mine. But I have a ton of spools so no doubt will try that idea again. ;-)

This is also a great photo to see how I cheated. That Tim Holtz Ornate plate I used was originally flat. I used a dead blow hammer & anvil to get the curved look. Had to fill it in with hot glue to get it to stay. ;-)


And another photo of the whole project again!

Sew Much Fun!

And what you ask will I be using this awesome container for? I need a small spot to stash my pin cushion, a seam ripper and a few other sewing things. I am hoping this jar makes my sewing machine hate me just a little less....

Won't you play along with us here at LESSology for our Sew Lovely challenge?


8 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Beauty! ! Loved the scene you have created and the idea of a spool tassle is wow!

Tanvi said...

Such a cute mini garden this is.

SD pooja said...

Wonderful mini garden complete with grass n trees ,they look very real .loved the idea of spoon Tassel and i was wondering about the label ,how did it fit on curved base ? got it !!

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! LOOOVE your 'rooftop garden':):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love that fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

BEAUTY!!!!!

Radhika said...

Loved the mini garden and the spool tassel :)

Curls N Twirls said...

Loved the bottle top .. Very Pretty :)