Jul 9, 2014

LESSology Challenge #38: Creative inspiration of Julie Tucker-Wolek

 photo Challenge-38-design-team-projects_zps4539b3e8.jpg

Ready for another round of inspiration for LESSology Challenge #38: Sew Lovely? Let's check out what design team member Julie Tucker-Wolek did with the challenge.

Julie Tucker-Wolek photo Design-team-member-Julie.gif

Hi everyone! :)   Julie with you here today to share my take on this month's challenge :) 

I was recently at an antique store and found this Wine collection box -- Wine box collection  (hmmmm ... not sure how to say that -- I don't drink, so I am not sure what this box would be officially called! LOL!) ... anyhoo -- it's a wooden box, with a glass top -- and I picked it up for $10.00 :)

At first I thought, what am I going to do with this??? And then it hit me!!! I have been struggling lately with my spools of sewing threads -- because I have another BAD habit at the antique stores I frequent ... when I see a bag full of sewing spool threads ... I BUY THEM!!! Because let's face it ... thread is NOT cheap at the big box stores ...so when I see a bag full of spools at the antique store for $3.00 I grab them!! :) 

So here is what I had  ---

a small Rubbermaid box filled to the brim with my threads :)



And here is the wine box I bought from the antique store :) 





I was going to paint it PINK (yes, I am OBSESSED with PINK! LOL!!!) .... but the wood was in such good shape, I decided not to touch the finish :) 



And here is what I made with it using Bella Blvd.'s Family Forever collection and some Maya Road chipboard pieces :) 








And here is the inside of the box ... the new HOME for all my sewing goodies :) 





Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge ~~ Julie :)

8 comments:

Radhika said...

wow!! lovely

Hussena said...

Wow !! this looks gorgeous ..What a wonderful DIY project and transformation this is :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

AWESOME Julie!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks totally amazing & I love that you left the wood finish......I need one of these!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Brilliant!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Thanks girls!!! xoxo :)

SD pooja said...

Wonderful !! I loved it..

Curls N Twirls said...

Very Pretty :)