Oct 8, 2015

LESSology Challenge #52: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-52-Beachfront-property-design-team_zps1cmegw59.jpg

Have you been rummaging through your stash to find beach-related elements for LESSology Challenge #52: Beachfront Property? How about checking out what design team member Mitra Pratt came up with?

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


This was so much fun to create! We missed our friend's wedding in the Outerbanks and I really wanted to make something for our friends! Such a lovely photo! Our beach challenge here at LESSology worked just perfectly!


I started off with a white canvas and a can of chalky white spray paint in lieu of gesso. Then grabbed some plaster and masks to create some background texture. After the plaster dried, I sanded it just a little to get off the rough edges.





























You can just see the plaster circle peeking out behind the photo below. I inked up the plaster after it was dry and then used glitter glue to make the texture shimmer. Love that huge dowry key that I found at an antique store. I even kept the price tag and slipped it under the key! Liked that it said dowry! Slipped in a couple of clothing tags I had in my stash and some scrap paper.





























Here is a peek at the edge of my canvas. I just found some pretty masking tape at the store the other day and I think it works well to finish off the side of a canvas. Not to mention it's like huge washi tape!






































Used some shells in keeping with the beachy challenge and some hessian twine to keep that theme going. Last but not least, a little itty bitty turtle earring can be found swimming by the flower!



I can't wait to get this in the mail to them!

Hope you get a chance to play along with our challenge!

6 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Simply WOW!!!The background has come out so well. I liked all the elements you added in there

Lizzy Hill said...

That is amazing! I LOOOOOVE the bg with the plaster and spray paint....fabulous:):)

Lizzy Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful.Bright blue flower and the peacock feather stand out wonderfully on the white bg !

KarenB said...

Wow, that's a wicked background, just stunning. A beautiful canvas to showcase the beautiful photograph - I bet they loved it :)

Curls N Twirls said...

Loved the peacock feathers and the Background .. All co-ordinated so well in this Layout.. Very Pretty